- March, 2011-7th and 8th grade band earns 1st division rating at festival under Mr. Dixon. This is the first 1st division rating since 2008.
- March, 2011-HS Symphonic Band earns 1st division rating at festival. This marks the 3rd consecutive year of the 1st division rating
- Pennfield Board of Education approves HS band trip to Washington, DC.
- Pennfield Board of Education approves change of beginning band program. 5th grade band is eliminated and two sections of 6th grade band now exist. Future beginning students will start in 6th grade at Pennfield.
- April, 2011-1st Annual Fine Arts Showcase is held at Pennfield. It's a huge success and will become an annual event.
- May, 2011-Great spring concerts by all groups including the return of the Jazz Band and also some superheroes and light sabres at the concert.
- June, 2011-Jazz Band tours Pennfield elementary schools.
- June, 2011-Congratulations to the Class of 2011!
- July, 2011-Band Camp, HOTTEST week of the summer. Need I say more. PHS Grad Chad Osenbaugh writes drill for Bon Jovi show
- August, 2011-2nd annual KVA classic at WMU
- October, 2011-Band performs at the Hastings Invitational for the first time
- October, 2011-Band performs special pre-game drill in honor of Lacy Faber. "LF" is placed on field.
- October, 2011-Panther Marching Band earns 1st division rating at Marching Festival in Jackson. This is the first 1st division rating since 2008.
- Oct/Nov-2011-Football team earns 3 home playoff games and the band performs at each one
- November, 2011-One of the busiest months ever for the bands with fundraisers, two parades, and the band's performance at The Music Man.
There are just too many special accomplishments to list here so I know I've left some out. What about you? What was your highlight of the year band-wise? Feel free to comment and share with the rest of us.
2012 is not lacking for special moments I'm sure. We have so many things to get ready for and look forward too. I hope each and every one of us is up to the challenge. I think we are. Here's to 2012. "Bands, are you ready?"
Until then, I'll see you....
from the podium.